Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Hola! Una Vida Bella!!

So, I decided to start a blog…
I love reading blogs, but never thought that I would be writing one.  Lately, I have just been so thankful for all of the beautiful blessings and things in life…my husband, step-son, family, friends, job, health, travel experiences, delicious meals, gatherings, sunsets, etc.  There are so many beautiful things in life, I wanted to start a blog that is a happy place with all of the wonderful things life has to offer! This leaves my space open to many different possibilities and topics, but I think that’s okay and hopefully you will to!
I thought for my first post, I’d list some of my favorite things and let you get to know me a little better.
Family & Friends
I have two brothers who are 8 and 10 years younger than I am and I love them to pieces!  I have incredible parents who always motivate and support me with my dreams.  My husband and step-son absolutely complete me.  My in-laws (who are mostly pictured here) are incredible!  I never knew that marrying someone would extend my family so much and I would feel so welcome to the family.  I have always heard people talk about “the in-laws” and I never really wanted to have to deal with that…luckily, my new ones seem to be the added bonus that goes with this new incredible marriage! 
My other very important family member is my fur-baby, Scooby Doo.  He’s a hound mix that I rescued from the Humane Society while in college…we have been through a lot together.  I can’t help but smile whenever I see him smile…which he does often! 
Our Wedding Day
Scooby Doo
Travel
I absolutely LOVE to travel!  I have been to several countries including:  Spain, France, Turkey, Italy, and Greece and I can’t wait to add more to the list.  One of my favorite travel memories was riding a donkey in Santorini, Greece!  Now, how many people do you know who can say that?!  While visiting St. Kitts during our Honeymoon cruise, I was able to hold a monkey that wore a diaper…he actually sat on my head!  I know that I’ll be talking a lot more about traveling and sharing some of the places I have been in this blog with recommendations of things to do and places to go…so, lots more to come!
Riding a Donkey up the Mountainin Santorini

Monkeys in St. Kitts!
Wine & Food
I look forward to trying new restaurants, eating at new places while traveling, and wine tastings!  I think my love for food stems from my mom and grandmother’s amazing cooking.  I must admit that my mom is somewhat of a gourmet cook and there is nothing better than one of her delicious meals!  I plan on sharing lots about food and wine and hope that you enjoy!

Delicious Gelatto in Rome, Italy

My mom, who we all call Petunia, cooking up a storm!
Volunteering
I feel I am blessed by God in so many ways, it makes me want to give back and help to try to make a difference in the lives of others.  In 2009, I co-founded a non-profit organization, High Hopes in High Heels.  This is a passion of mine to help like-minded, positive women join together and work with various charities in our community.  We currently have about 60 members in our organization and it continues to grow.  I think it’s very important to give back…it helps to make you complete and to find una vida bella!  I look forward to sharing more about ways to get involved in your community.
High Hopes in High Heels
Event Planning
I love to host a party and will find any excuse to invite people over and have a get-together!  There is something so special about having friends and family over in a comfortable setting with delicious food/drinks that compliment the scrumptious conversations.  I have planned several weddings and absolutely love it!  There is nothing more amazing than helping to make a couple’s wedding day dreams come true.  Parties are always a great way to get people together and create lasting memories!

Decorations for a winter wonderland party I planned

I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about me and some of the things that make my life…una vida bella!  I look forward to sharing so much more with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment